Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 7: Getting Ready for the Family Reunion

Tomorrow we head up to the Shingletown area for our family reunion. This is an annual event and a great opportunity to get caught up with most of the family. Those who live farthest away often have a difficult time making it here, but we all do our best. Today was our shopping day to get everything needed for the weekend. For Laura and me this is especially needed because we cannot bring much here with us from Ohio on the motorcycle.

Since we did not do any additional travel today, here are some more pictures that will tell a little bit more of my story.


A little more of my history. This is a picture of Zuckweiler's Department Store from the 70's. I worked here while I was in high school selling shoes and doing janitorial work.


This is the view from my mother's deck. The dark trees in the middle is here orchard comprised of almonds, peaches, nectarines, apples, lemons, oranges, and others. At 87 she is still tending her orchard on a regular basis. The other trees are my brother's pomegranate trees.


The pond viewed from my mother's deck. There are fish in this pond. Some of the local grandchildren come over to fish and release here.


The view down my mother's back porch. The house in the background is my brother's house. He is a contractor and built both his house and my mother's house.


The front entryway to my mother's house. Every day she is out there tending to her flowers. This time of year she is out there at 6:00 AM to beat the heat. This time of year triple digit weather is the norm. The highest that I ever saw it when I was a youth here was 122 degrees.


We also visited the cemetery where my father has been laid to rest. Memory Eternal Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment