Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mexico Trip, June 30 – Day 6

Hola…

Today was our day to rest and have fun. We started the day off with Matins at 8:30, followed that with the hours, and ended with Liturgy. It was a treat to see all of the boys from the orphanage participating in the service, many of them as Altar Boys.

Game Time…



We were able to sign up last night for beach volleyball, soccer, basketball, or whiffle ball. It was a time to spend the day just playing games with each other and the boys. Here some of us playing beach volleyball.

Head to the beach…



The orphanage is only a couple of miles from the beach. The water was cold, but it was still fun body surfing, building sand castles and just laying in the sun.

Getting ready to head home…



On our drive back from the beach we got this great view of the St. Innocents Orphanage compound. Tomorrow we pack up and head back to our normal lives. It has been enjoyable listening to all the team members sharing their stories and exchanging contact information. My desire when leading these teams is that we all come home different from what we were when we came here. I believe God has done some awesome work in touching each of our lives. It is always amazing what He can do when we set aside our personal preferences and give Him our time and resources. I wish I could make these kinds of trip available to all of you that are reading these emails. If you ever get a chance to participate in a short-term mission trip by all means seize the opportunity.

This will be the last email that I send from Mexico. I will send out a final follow up email a couple of days after I get back. On the way home I will collect everyone’s camera and copy their pictures to my computer. When I get home I will push them up to my Flickr account and those who are interested will be able to see all of the pictures. The will give you a much fuller picture of our trip.

I understand that some of your email servers are dropping the pictures from these emails. If that is the case you can see the same email with the pictures in my blog at http://journeys-of-a-redeemed-child.blogspot.mx/.

If you would like to get more information on Project Mexico and St. Innocent Orphanage you can check them out at http://projectmexico.org/Home.aspx. I have also been posting updates on Facebook (david.b.short) if you would like to follow those updates.


Thanks again for your prayers and thoughts. It has been very encouraging to hear back from many of you along the way. May God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment